Nebraska Power of Attorney Forms

Nebraska Power of Attorney Forms are used to appoint a trustworthy individual to make health care and/or financial decisions on your behalf. The most common reason for implementing this type of authority is due to the principal becoming incapacitated from an accident, illness, or from advanced age and mental deterioration. In Nebraska, there are three simple and easy documents that you can prepare by yourself without the aid of an attorney. Their completion will ensure that one’s wishes are granted regarding finances and health care, even when a person’s voice, either temporarily or permanently, cannot be heard.
Under the Nebraska Uniform Power of Attorney Act (Statute 30-3408), there must be at least two (2) witnesses or a notary public present when authorizing these documents.

Laws – Chapter 30 (Sections 3401 et seq.)

A Nebraska durable (financial) power of attorney is a legal form that appoints an attorney-in-fact to manage a person’s (principal) finances. The term “durable” means that even in the event of incapacitation, the attorney-in-fact remains in control of the principal’s finances. It is recommended to appoint someone who lives nearby to better manage one’s day-to-day affairs. This person should also be trustworthy and capable of…

No rating yet

The Nebraska general power of attorney form can be used by an individual (principal) who plans on handing over their financial affairs to another person without the condition of durability. This means that, unlike a durable power of attorney, the document becomes void should the principal become incapacitated. The reasoning behind this type of form is that the principal doesn’t have to worry about someone…

No rating yet

The Nebraska limited power of attorney form allows a person (principal) to select someone (attorney-in-fact) to handle their finances, with certain restrictions in place. The form is most commonly used when the principal requires a specific action, event, or transaction to be carried out by an attorney-in-fact. Once business has concluded as per the document, the form is considered void and the appointment of power…

No rating yet

A Nebraska medical power of attorney form designates an individual (attorney-in-fact) to make health care decisions for a person (principal) if they become disabled or incapacitated in any way. Physicians and other professional health care workers are unable to be appointed to this position (unless they are related); a principal typically chooses a close, trustworthy person such as a family member or friend. A health…

No rating yet

The Nebraska minor power of attorney form is a method of delegating parental powers over a minor child to another person (attorney-in-fact). Except for powers such as marriage and adoption consent, the attorney-in-fact is responsible for the care, custody, and property of the child. This form allows a parent to appoint a temporary caretaker if they plan to be away from home for an extended…

No rating yet

The Nebraska real estate power of attorney is a document that an individual (the “principal”) can use to appoint an agent to represent them in making decisions regarding their property. In most cases, this type of contract is used to handle a real estate closing (sale of property), however, it may also be used to appoint a representative to make other property decisions, such as maintenance, dealing…

No rating yet

The Nebraska tax power of attorney form, also known as ‘Form 33’, allows a resident to elect an attorney-in-fact to handle all tax-related matters. Once the tax power of attorney document is executed, the attorney-in-fact will have the authority to perform the following: Fully represent the taxpayer in any hearing, determination, or appeal; Enter into any compromise with the Nebraska Department of Revenue; Execute waivers,…

No rating yet

The Nebraska vehicle/vessel power of attorney form is a legal document that gives permission to a person (attorney-in-fact) to transfer the ownership of another person’s (principal) motor vehicle or boat. In addition to the ability to transfer ownership, the attorney-in-fact can apply for title or registration at the Department of Motor Vehicles office. The principal will need to fill out the form with the VIN…

No rating yet