Minor (Child) Power of Attorney Form | Alabama

5 Stars | 3 Ratings

Updated on April 12th, 2023

An Alabama minor power of attorney allows the parent(s) of a child to transfer parental and guardianship rights to someone else for a temporary period lasting up to one (1) year. The person obtaining the rights, known as the “agent” or “attorney-in-fact”, will have powers to choose the educational institution the child attends, medical decision-making, and any other parental rights in accordance with State laws.

At the end of the term, the parent can renew the document for another year or let it expire.


Statute – § 26-2A-7 (Delegation of powers by parent or guardian; parental authority)

Signing Requirements (§ 26-1A-105) – Notary Public