Minor (Child) Power of Attorney Form | Alaska

5 Stars | 2 Ratings

Updated on April 12th, 2023

An Alaska minor power of attorney allows a parent or guardian to delegate the custody and care of their child to someone else. This is most common with individuals involved in military service, going to jail, or any reason suitable for a child to be in the care of another for up to one (1) year. If the parent or guardian would like to have the child stay with the caretaker longer than one (1) year, another form must be completed, or an official guardianship filing must take place in the Alaska courts.